Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In Memory Of…

They say you don’t appreciate some things until they’re gone.

And now I truly understand what this phrase means.

You see, today I lost something very special to me…

My sideburns.

You laugh, but here’s the thing…

Sideburns are very important.

In fact, I think it’s safe to say they’re one of the most important parts of a man’s body.

Do you know how I know this?

Well, unlike say a kidney or an arm, you can’t live with just ONE sideburn.

You need TWO of them at all times… NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

So when my first sideburn disappeared with a flick of the clippers, all I could do was take a deep breath and wait for its twin to follow.

It was tough, but I knew I had to be brave.

I had to be strong.

I had to only go to English-speaking barbers from now on.

I tell you, whoever writes the book “How to Get Your Haircut Around the World” will make a killing.

Rest in peace, sideburns… you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment