Thursday, May 27, 2010

Days 209 & 210 – Egypt

May 2 & 3, 2010 – Alexandria, Egypt

The city of Alexandria has a lot going for it. It’s nestled on the Mediterranean Sea, it’s relatively clean and it’s generally safe.

However, it doesn’t seem to have grown into itself yet, which basically means there’s really not a lot to do.

So we spend the next two days walking along the coast, investigating a few historical sites, sitting in coffee shops and watching movies – our room has a television.


Eric has really been enjoying tea since he discovered that sugar is an acceptable accompaniment. He’s also heard honey is good and looks forward to trying it out soon.

One of the things I do enjoy in Alexandria is its newly-built library. The city was once famed for having the greatest library in the world, but that was a few hundred years ago and it’s long since been destroyed and buried.

But they’ve built a new one and it’s pretty cool too.


The exterior alone is quite unique, but of course I’m not satisfied with just looking at the outside - I need to investigate further. So I leave Eric outside and I go inside to take a look around. But don’t worry – I make sure he has lots of water because it’s a scorcher out there.


Hmmm… I wonder if it has Stieg Larsson’s new book?

No comments:

Post a Comment