Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 193 – Egypt

April 16, 2010 – Cairo to Al-Milga, Egypt

Tour Day 11 - Cairo – USA

Time to bid farewell to Egypt as your vacation must come to an end.


Some people’s vacations may be coming to an end, but Eric and I still have lots of time left in ours. In fact, today we’re going to Mt. Sinai.

We start off by enjoying breakfast with my parents before we say a tearful good-bye and Eric and I head off to catch a bus.


It’s often said that if you grow-up to enjoy your parents company than you’re lucky.

Well, I’m one of the lucky ones.

A Dad who brings two types of glue – for fixing Eric’s sandals – because he wants to be sure it works well and a Mom who brings you new underwear because she knows it’s needed after six months of traveling are people you want to keep around.

My parents celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary in June and although I won’t be around for the day, I feel like I was able to celebrate it with them. We’ll be talking about this trip for years.

Thanks Mom & Dad!


Mom & Dad are catching their flight home in the afternoon, but with the Iceland volcano eruption everything is up in the air… except planes, that is.

Perhaps their vacation isn’t coming to an end either…

No comments:

Post a Comment