Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worst Drink Name Ever*

This article is dedicated to Frank.

In the article “Coffee, Tea… Jelly?”, Frank added a comment in which he mentioned the drink “Pocari Sweat.”

“Pocari Sweat” is an isotonic beverage that was developed in Japan.

It’s very similar to Gatorade or Powerade, in that it replenishes all the salts and minerals your body sweats out during exercise, strenuous activity, or in the case of South-East Asia, sitting in the shade doing absolutely nothing.

Well, I’ve found it, I’ve tried it and I agree… it is the WORST DRINK NAME EVER*!!!

But here’s the thing…

It’s really good.

It isn’t carbonated and it’s not too sweet and on a hot day, it really satisfies.

So although I’ve bestowed it with the title “Worst Drink Name Ever”, I’ve also added an asterisk(*) because I really hope that someday we can get it in North America.

Yeah, the name is gross but come on… refusing to use a good product because it has a “silly” name?

Please… I’m far too mature for that.

And besides, I don’t know anyone with the last name “Pocari.”

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! There are a few places in the t-dot that carry it (including taro's fish in north york, and sanko on queen st. w.), so fear not my friend, you can get your fix anytime!

    ReplyDelete